Friday 4 September 2015

Tea with Three - Hass and the Incident of the Neck

"What the hell! What happened to your neck?!" I shouted when I saw Hass with the brace-support around his neck. Images of police brutality immediately rushed to my mind. My poor, poor Hass. He dragged the chair by its back, and sat down with a long moan.

"Ugh. You won't believe what happened."

"What? Who did that to you? I've been trying to reach you for days! I kept checking the news and the photos I saw did not look very comforting to me! I've been so worried about you!"

"Ugh, slow down. Don't talk so much. No one did this to me. I did this to me. I was working on Saturday morning, and a colleague tapped my shoulder to ask for something. I turned my head around, and for some reason a nerve on my neck was pinched. It swell right away and pushed my muscles."

"What! Good God! I thought a cop beat you up!"

"I wish that was the case. I would have made headlines," he grinned. "Sunday was hell. So painful. I couldn't do anything."

"Uff, I am so sorry... What did you do then the whole weekend and Monday?"

"Laying still on my bed. Staring at the ceiling. I feel much better now though. Just have to be stuck with this thing wrapped around my neck for a few days."

I giggled. "You actually look good in it. Looking closer to a llama now."

Hass opened the menu with great effort, "Hmmh, thanks. How about you kiddo, how are you?"

"Well speaking of swellings, look at this," I flashed him my sprained ankle.

"Can't look down so much now, what happened?"

"Fell from the webbing when I practiced slackline. And I wasn't getting any better too that day!" Somehow I just could not help laughing so loudly as I was saying all that.

"Keep at it kiddo. Some things need a lot of practice."

"Yeah, I probably was never a circus troupe member in any of my past lives. Like, at all." I whispered.

"I think I'm just going to get a strong coffee right now." Hass reflectively turned his head around to call on Lily, and he screamed with anguish as he did so.

Poor Hass.

No comments:

Post a Comment